Search This Blog

2.20.2008

Death of a Bore-audio

by M.C. Beaton

I avoid series and formula novels as a rule but mysteries, at least some of them, are the exception. 

This book is set in Scotland (always a plus for me), and about a village police chief who has a murder and has to solve it, blah, blah, blah. 

The characters were interesting, at least the main ones, and the plot decently good. Being set in modern Scotland was a plus for me, since most of what I've read for that part of the world has been more historical. 

Overall worth the time but not enough to recommend to friends or read again. 

No comments:

I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian that crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved. 
                                                                           Barbara Kingsolver