Search This Blog

5.12.2011

Charm City

by Laura Lippman

I tend to avoid book series for the most part, of any genre -- romance, vampire stories, mysteries.
But I have read a few that I've enjoyed, in a beach read, fun way. Earlene Fowler's museum curator/quilt themed series was fun and B has gotten me to read his number series by Janet... whatever.
I'd read another book by Laura Lippman and really enjoyed it so I picked up this one and discovered it was part of a series.
Oh well.
Worth a try.
Turned out to be much better than I expected it. The 'detective' - as always -- is a plucky, quirky woman, a former reporter turned private PI in Baltimore, Maryland.
The characters were unforgettable and the plot was not predictable at all.
That's the best you can expect from detective mysteries.

No comments:

I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian that crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved. 
                                                                           Barbara Kingsolver