Search This Blog

7.10.2011

King Dork

by Frank Portman

The most irreverant, hysterically funny, offbeat and touching story about being a teenager who doesn't fit in. I was halfway through it before I realized it was a teen book, not adult, but I enjoyed it so much I finished it anyway.

The hero is a hopeless geek, with a weird family and only one friend. His father died when he was young and he finds some books that belonged to his dad when was young, becoming obsessed with understanding what his father was like. The book follows this journey, as well as his adventures trying to survive high school.

So, so fucking funny I can't begin to explain.

No comments:

I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian that crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved. 
                                                                           Barbara Kingsolver