Search This Blog

3.02.2013

The Hunger Games

by Suzanne Collins

I waited until all the hullabaloo about this book (and its sequels) died down, and did not see the film, before trying to give this teen book a try. I was intrigued by the premise: a futuristic totalitarian society where, for some twisted 'appeasing the masses', a survival game to the death is held every year. With children and teenagers.
It was quite an entertaining read, it reminded me of some fantasy books I'd read as a teen. Katniss was a well-defined character and the plot was not too predictable.
I like it well enough to try another, to be sure.

No comments:

I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian that crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved. 
                                                                           Barbara Kingsolver