Search This Blog

6.06.2012

Killshot

by Elmer Leonard

I stumbled across this in the audio book lists quite by accident; I'm not even sure why I downloaded it -- it isn't my typical kind of book. I think it's a series, or at least a 'genre' type of book.
The main characters are a crazy combination, two a middle-class couple who are ordinary, yet exceptional, and the other two a Native American hit man and a psycho killer ex-con.
I know, right ? Sounds so predictable but the characters are so finely drawn you get sucked into the story -- which by itself isn't that unique. But the characters make it all worthwhile.
May have to find something else by this author. 

No comments:

I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian that crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved. 
                                                                           Barbara Kingsolver