Search This Blog

6.06.2012

A Singular Woman

by Janny Scott

I don't read a lot of biographies but when I pick one up I'm usually happy I did.
This one features the mother of President Obama, a strange subject because for one, she's dead and two, she did nothing in her own life to earn fame.
Yet she was a distinctive woman and Scott's research seems impeccable.
Ann Dunham grew up in an ordinary way and went on to to extraordinary things with her life -- unusual and brave marriages, passionate career, dedication to a cause.
Proof the most ordinary of us is amazing. 

No comments:

I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian that crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved. 
                                                                           Barbara Kingsolver